Educational Resource Center
The Business and Education Resource Center (BERC) is an information center that advises and provides information regarding educational opportunities in the United States. We stand ready to assist students interested in studying in the United States.
What does BERC do?
- Increase public awareness about study opportunities and to assist individuals pursuing studies in the United States, thereby providing information required to apply and study at American colleges and universities.
- Provides access to various in-house resources and computer-based searches for students looking for specialized programs and schools.
- Recognizing that the lack of funding is a primary barrier for Surinamese students applying to U.S. colleges and universities, BERC provides information about alternatives to financing studies (i.e. scholarships grants, etc.)
- Informs the public about standardized admission tests and distributes test bulletins.
- Conducts training workshops on studying in the US to junior and senior high school students and small groups.
What resources does the BERC have for Education?
- 2-4 year college and university directories
- College and university bulletins
- 6 volume graduate and professional programs directory
- Index of majors and graduate degrees
- Booklets containing valuable information on undergraduate and graduate studies, and short courses and distance learning
- Distance learning graduate programs in Business and Management; Education and Library Science
These in-house resources are for public use. Schedule an appointment or walk in to use these valuable resources.
Hours of Operations
Closed on Local and United States Holidays
Business and Education Resource Center
129 Dr. Sophie Redmondstraat
Tel: (597) 472900 ext 2267
Fax: (597) 425 690