Business and Educational Resource Center
Welcome to the Business and Education Resource Center (BERC) of the American Embassy in Paramaribo , Suriname
The Business and Education Resource Center is an information center that advises on business and educational opportunities in the United States . We stand ready to assist US businesses interested in doing business in SurinameUnited States , students interested in studying in the United States . , Surinamese businesses seeking partners and imported items in the
BERC works to ensure the business community an easy access to various commercial sources. Thus, the center provides customized commercial information using in-house reference materials and electronic research. Specifically, BERC can assist you in locating products and services and/or suppliers in the U.S.A.
What resources does the BERC have for Business?
- US import and export directories
- The Thomas Register (20 volumes) featuring 62,000 separate products and services; 156,000 U.S. companies; 2,200 supplier catalogs, and facilities brochures and product literature that will make your specifying and buying faster and easier
- The Directory of U.S. Companies
- American Export Register, Volumes I & II
- Information USA 2008 CD-ROM with links to facts about the USA, governments and politics, economy and trade, major laws and treaties, media, information technology, education in the USA, civil rights, arts and culture, and geography and travel
- Commercial News USA, a monthly magazine featuring various products and services
- And More!
These in-house resources are for public use. Walk in or schedule an appointment and use these valuable resources to enhance your business.
BERC’s goal is to increase public awareness about study opportunities in the United States and assist individuals pursue studies there by providing information required to apply and study at colleges and universities.
BERC provides access to various in-house resources and computer-based searches for students looking for specialized programs and schools.
Recognizing that the lack of funding is a primary barrier for Surinamese students to apply to US colleges and universities, BERC educates about alternatives towards financing studies, i.e. scholarships and grants, etc.
The center informs the public about standardized admission tests and distributes test bulletins.
BERC conducts training workshops on studying in the US to junior and senior high school students and small groups.
What resources does the BERC have for Education?
- 2-4 year college and university directories
- College and university bulletins
- 6 volume graduate and professional programs directory
- Index of majors and graduate degrees
- Booklets containing valuable information on undergraduate and graduate studies, and short courses and distance learning
- Distance learning graduate programs in Business and Management; Education and Library Science
- And More!
These in-house resources are for public use. Schedule an appointment or walk in to use these valuable resources.
Click here for additional educational resources. This link will take you outside of our website.
This center belongs to the EducationUSA network of educational advising centers affiliated with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. EducationUSA advisers strive to provide accurate, comprehensive, current, and unbiased information on educational opportunities in the United States . We do not endorse or rank any college or university, nor do we endorse services provide by any company or organization in areas of test preparation, admissions, placement, language training, or visa procurement.
For more information about EducationUSA and study opportunities in the United States , please visit www.educationusa.state.gov.
Test Dates for TOEFL, SAT, GRE and ACT.
|Test date||Mail-in registration deadline||Online registration deadline|
|15 Oct 2011||29 August 2011||12 Sept 2011|
|12 Nov 2011||26 Sept 2011||10 Oct 2011|
|14 Jan 2011||21 Nov 2011||5 Dec 2011|
|09 March 2012||23 Jan 2012||06 Feb 2012|
|05 May 2012||19 March 2012||02 Apr 2012|
TOEFL Website :www.ets.org
Download paper based registration form at: http://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/PBT_reg_form.pdf (pdf 87.2KB)
|Test date||Registration deadline|
|05 Nov 2011||27 Sept 2011|
|03 Dec 2011||25 Oct 2011|
|28 Jan 2012||20 Dec 2011|
|05 May 2012||27 March 2012|
|Test date||Registration deadline|
|22 Oct 2011||09 Sept 2011|
|19 Nov 2011||07 Oct 2011|
|11 Feb 2012||30 Dec 2011|
GRE Website: www.ets.org/gre
Hours of Operations
Closed on Local and United States Holidays
With an emerging trend toward "e-commerce", individuals and businesses are increasingly purchasing over the Internet. To enable companies to verify the bona fides of "e-commerce" businesses on the Web, the BERC offers assistance upon request to obtain background information on U.S. companies.