The U.S. Embassy in Paramaribo is recruiting applicants for the full-time, 40 hours/week, position of
OBO SECURITY INVESTIGATOR
Opening Date: February 20, 2014
Closing Date: March 6, 2014
Major duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
The Security Investigator performs investigations relating to personal security background information and other investigations in support of the OBO Field Office in Paramaribo; maintains contacts between OBO and Embassy officials and police and other local agencies on the full range of security and criminal matters.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience of investigative work with military, police, or a private security organization, or similar type of work is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing English language skills is required. Level IV (fluent) Dutch Speaking/Writing ability required.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of investigation and good working knowledge of documentary sources of information and familiarity with pertinent local laws is required.
- Must be able to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information and to report facts accurately in logical concise and objective manner.
Length of Hire: This is a temporary position not to exceed two years and six months from the date of hire.
Interested and qualified candidates should send resume in English with copies of degrees earned to:
Human Resources Office
Attention: HRM Specialist
Dr. Sophie Redmondstraat #129
Phone: (597) 472900 #2228
Fax: (597) 410972
Applications will be accepted until close of business March 6, 2014.
Adobe Reader (copy)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.