All visa applicants must have all of the following:
- A passport valid for at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the United States.
- A DS-160 confirmation page
- An appointment made via the On-line NIV Appointment System
- A recent 50mm X 50mm full-faced photo on a white background (without glasses)
- A US$ 160.00 application fee per applicant (or the equivalent in Suriname Dollars). Effective June 4th , the US Embassy in Paramaribo will also accept payment in Suriname Dollars (SRD) for all consular services, including visa application fees. The fee is to cover the cost of application and interview, and it is not refundable whether you receive a visa or not.
- Any supporting documents to convince the consular officer of the temporary nature of the trip (please see “What documents do I need to bring ? ”).
Students and Exchange Visitors: in addition to items 1 – 6 above, please also bring a completely filled out form I-20A/B or DS-2019, DS-158, proof of Sevis fee payment (if applicable – see the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), proof of sufficient finances, and school transcripts or other documentation showing you are academically capable of completing the full course of study. Temporary Workers and INTRA Company Transferees: in addition to items 1 –6 above, please also bring the approved petition, original form I-797A or B, proof that you are qualified to perform the intended work, previous I-20’s, school certificates/diplomas.
Temporary Workers and INTRA Company Transferees: in addition to items 1 –6 above, please also bring the approved petition, original form I-797A or B, proof that you are qualified to perform the intended work, previous I-20’s, school certificates/diplomas.
Please Note : Nationals of certain countries and applicants in particular visa categories must pay additional visa fees if the visa is issued.